Thursday, September 01, 2005

With all the rain, it's a good season for links. Ay-yep...

So, I figured out how to add links over there on the left.

"Blogger's built for the masses!" they say. "The GUI's designed for the most obtuse of users!"

My arse it is. I'm just glad I already know HTML, is all I'm sayin'...

Anyhow. The links to the left may require some more explanation than their pithy titles, so allow yours truly to provide.

Better Blogs than Mine just holds whatever 'blogs I read somewhat often, and are actually worth reading. So far, I've only got Wil Wheaton's and Robert Lawsons' 'blogs up. There may be more to come, but it's doubtful.

Game Design has, well, links related to game design. GameDev.net and Sloperama's 'Advice' page, in particular, are good reads. But as I'm not yet a professional, take that with a grain of salt.

Final Fantasy doesn't have links relating to the actual series of video games. If your mind is blown, don't worry - they relate to the Pen & Paper game that has been spun-off from said video games. Though the system itself isn't officially Squeenix, they tolerate it as long as no one sees a dime over it - and the system works, too. Give it a look-through if you like either the video games or PnP games in general. I've been told my campaigns make for good reading, too, but they're probably too large and archive-heavy for just casual reading...

TV & Music should be obvious. The Digital Archive Project saves good shows that went off the air ages ago, allowing you to download them both legally and free (but barely so). OCR hosts (very good) remixed video game music, ranging from orchestral and rock to slow jazz and hillbilly, and I highly suggest downloading a bunch of it if you've the time. Radio Free Colorado and Mostly Classical are my two favorite online radio stations, they do classic rock and classical, respectively, and you can listen to them over your favorite media player - again, for free. Yes, you are seeing a pattern.

Comics I Read is the largest section so far, and, more likely than not, always will be. They're all comics that are exclusively online (except for when they're published in book collections), and they all rock in some form or another. There're plenty other comics I check every so often that aren't on that list, so don't get fanboyish on me, thanks.

Maybe I'll actually mess with a custom template next... Maybe. *shrug*

No comments: