Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Other White Meat

It's Saturday, it's noon, and even on the edge of town I can hear the cheer of a thousand thousand Buckeye fans as the ball flies through the air. My little brother (a huge sports fan of any sort, as long as it's based in Columbus) is arguing with my little sister (who cares only slightly more than I do) as to whether or not OSU has a new coach.That's what's always entertained me - the fans, and how the rest of us get to laugh at them.

Of course, this means that all college football - not just the big-name stuff - has begun, and Capital's team is at Wittenburg today. Thankfully, the season's suprisingly sparse - ten games, five at home and five 'abroad' (read: the rest of Ohio, mostly The Boonies). Not that Cap's student body needs an excuse to get drunk and pee on my door,* but I'm sure they'll hone their beer-bonging skills to perfection when not going to Homecoming (Oct. 8th) and Parent's Day (Nov. 12th).

Good luck and godspeed, you drinkers of the cheapass beer. You'll do your liver proud.

* This is a true story, though it's really short and has nothing to do with football. If you're all good boys and girls, maybe I'll tell you about it sometime.

No comments: