Friday, October 23, 2009

Reading "Let's Play"

So I read a lot of Let's Plays ("LPs") - the screenshot type, of course; anything else would be "watching". I also read them aloud to my girlfriend, and she enjoys it. I try to do voices and such. She enjoys them enough to make sure her computer is recording every chapter, in fact.

So I was thinking, that might be a good way to keep in touch with her while I go to school in Florida. It wouldn't be a supreme amount of material... And if I decided to get creative, I could splice the screenshots into a video and send a whole presentation instead. But at the least, the audio files alone would work well in a "RiffTrax" sort of way; just read along with the original material while I read aloud.

Of course, I'd have to step up my readings a little - when I'm just doing it for my girlfriend, I don't worry about things like coughs, or mispronunciations, or anything like that.

But still, could be fun.

No comments: